Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A 5 Point Post


The good: The amazing house and crazy hat party held at Amy's on Friday night followed up by another solid night out at the Green Room on Saturday. It was so good to see so many good people, Tom, Steve, Lori, Chloe, Carolyn, Tristan, that I haven't seen in a while and meeting a few new ones. For some it's been months and others years. It's funny that the older we get, the more we stay the same in some senses. Kinda blew my mind that it's been 8 years since I got to meet some of these cool cats for the first time. You can't beat good people.

The bad: The stupid mother fu*#er who stole one of the hats that I brought to Amy's party. I had brought a rice paddy hat as well as a very nice and very real British Bobby Helmet. It was a gift that was given to me by members of the South Wales Police Rugby Team when they visited Canada last year. It had been making its rounds throughout the party and had been enjoyed by many of the party goers throughout the evening but towards the end, it went missing. There were a few people that showed up late and who happened to leave before the main group as well. I will never know who stole it for sure, but rest assured if I ever find out, bad things would most likely happen to them. The worst part of it is that someone that was invited to Amy's stole from her house and made her feel guilty for my loss. Big time booooooooo to the jackass that put a damper on a great evening.

The funny: Earlier today while walking around the Home Show with a co-worker, I was passing a cooking display where live demonstrations were going on. There was a clear sign warning visitors not to touch the display. I know it meant not to touch any of the potentially hot items in use, but there was one guy who decided to touch a glass jar on the table. I had to walk away to avoid laughing out loud when he recoiled slightly after getting an electric shock. I asked my friend if he'd seen it and it became funnier when he started to laugh and nod his head. Later on while I was watching C.S.I. Miami, I couldn't help but laugh when the show took a very obvious shot at poor Miss Britney Spears. The show was about a murder which took place at a rehab centre. At the end of the show, as the main characters had their story lines wrap up, the news reports started up on a story about a pop star who had just checked herself into the centre. As they zoomed in on her, she proceeded to snort some coke she'd hidden in her hair and then the show ends with her shaving said hair off. Snicker snicker snicker.

The sad: Today another school shooting took place where 33 people were killed. What does the N.R.A. have to say about this one I wonder.

The down right odd: Japan's leading toilet maker Toto is offering free repairs for 180,000 bidet toilets after wiring problems caused several to catch fire. The electric bidet accessory of Toto's Z series caught fire in three incidents between March 2006 and March 2007, according to company spokeswoman Emi Tanaka. The bidet sent up smoke in 26 other incidents, the company said. "Fortunately, nobody was using the toilets when the fire broke out and there were no injuries," Tanaka said. "The fire would have been just under your buttocks." The company will repair 180,000 toilet units manufactured between May 1996 and December 2001 for free, she said. A manufacturing defect is thought to have led to the faulty wiring. Toto has been a pioneer in high-tech toilets fitted with pressurized water sprayers — a standard fixture in Japanese homes. The popular Z series features a pulsating massage spray, a power dryer, built-in-the-bowl deodorizing filter, the "Tornado Wash" flush and a lid that opens and closes automatically. Prices range from $1,680 to $2,600.

The model is not sold overseas. (Thankfully)

7 comments:

Crashdummie said...

Guess I just found my reason to watch CSI: Miami.

Cheers!

Airam said...

Haha ... I thought you specifically didn't want comments for this post! Thanks for fixing that! I dig the 5 point posts.

Princess Pointful said...

damn. I know I had a good comment last night. You'll just have to trust me that it was witty.

Steph said...

Someone stole your police hat?
How rude!

S'Mat said...

a flaming bidet... that's too funny. what is your pipeline for these insane stories from Japan?

Eve said...

Nice toilet picture! Thieves should be publicly humiliated, along with cheaters.

Indiana James said...

crashdummie: it's all about the opening sequence with the snappy one liner and then the killer intro music.

airam: i don't know how they managed to get turned off. i promise that won't happen again.

princess: i guess i'll have to come up with something good enough to warrant your wittiness.

steph: i was mad on a thermo nuclear level for about 15 minutes after it happened. if i saw the guy with it on, there would be a good chance i'd be writing this from jail.

s'mat: i can't reveal my sources, they'd have me killed for exposing the odd underbelly of japanese culture.

eve: they have a show cheaters. you might even get a kick out of it. they're sadistic with how they humiliate people.